This project is read-only.

Type attribute not rendered in IIS6

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hello,

I am using this library for the Email Input control.

On my local dev machine running IIS7 it works great.

However, when I deploy to a server running IIS6 the "type='email'" is instead rendered as "type='text'".

e.g.

On IIS7:

<input name="ctl00$ctl00$MainContainer$LoginControl$email" id="MainContainer_LoginControl_email" type="email" required="">

On IIS6:

<input name="ctl00$ctl00$MainContainer$LoginControl$email" type="text" id="MainContainer_LoginControl_email" required="">

Obviously this means that browsers don't recognize it specifically as an email input box.

Both sites use the same configuration and both machines have the same version of .NET (4.0.30319), the only obvious difference is IIS.

Is this is a bug or is there something else that needs to be configured?

Thanks in advance.

Simon R

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Hi,

Would you please mention what browser are you using in for accessing each site?

Is it from the same browser or the browsers also differ. 

Also, Do you check the "Source Code" of the html rendered or you use "Inspect Element" feature or something in your browser?

Regards,

Maziar

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi Maziar,

I've checked using Chrome, Firefox, and IE9, and the results are the same in each.

I checked the full source in Chrome/Firefox and the type='email' is actually being included as well as type='text', but just after. When I use the inspect element feature only the type='text' shows, so it seems it is picking this up first.

On my working dev copy only the type='email' shows when I view the source.

Thanks,

Simon